Tuesday, March 14, 2006

what I could use

So I have had a lot of people ask what I am needing, how they can help, and what they can send. There's two things that have been on my mind that I am sure I could use.

1) music. make a cd of your favorite stuff and send it. In particular, I could use some easy listening stuff (jazz, artists like Norah Jones, John Mayer, Missy Higgins, Damien Rice B-Sides CD, Bobbie Eakes, etc) But I will take whatever I can get and love it! There will be lots of down time to chill and relax when I get to my site, especially in the evenings when I am cooking and cleaning (yes...Alison is learning the domesticated trades...but not because she is a woman, rather because she wants to expand her skills set).

2) arts and crafts stuff. you can pick up any kind of art kit that you might think I would enjoy...cross stitch sets are great, stained glass kits work too...places like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and other craft stores should have kits that are small and fun and that you can easily send.

To send me packages, mail the items in an envelope, perhaps padded, but preferebly not in a box because they get stolen, to:

Alison Lima
Voluntario del Cuerpo de Paz
Apartado Postal 3256
Managua, Nicaragua
Central America

Your gifts will be much appreciated! Thanks to all of you who have been leaving messages and sending me emails. I will be responding to each of them individually as soon as I have the time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home